The DAAD scholarship in Germany 2023 for international students is opened to study masters and PhD programs. DAAD fully funded scholarship is a scholarship opportunity for international students from all over the world to study postgraduate degree programs in Germany.
The DAAD Scholarship in Germany is one of the leading funding organisations for students from developing countries all over the world.
The DAAD fully funded scholarship aims to promote the training of specialists from developed and newly industrialised countries.
The DAAD fully funded scholarship offers international students from developing countries who have at least two years of professional experience the opportunity to study in a state or state-recognised German higher institution choosing from a large variety of study options.
Benefits of the DAAD Fully Funded Scholarship
The benefits of the DAAD fully funded scholarship include the following:
- Payment covers 12 to 42 months of study depending upon the area of study.
- Monthly payment of 861 Euros for graduate studies
- Monthly payment of 1,200 Euros for PhD programs.
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover are catered for.
- Travel allowance
- Monthly rent subsidy and monthly allowance for accompanying family members depending upon special reasons.
You may also be interested in:
Programs Offered by the DAAD Scholarships
The DAAD Scholarship offers students the opportunity to study from a variety of programs which are categorised as follows:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Architecture (and relate)/Urban Development
- Business Administration
- Development related sciences
- Education Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Forestry Science
- Geography and Geosciences
- Health-related Sciences
- Media Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Political Sciences
- Social Sciences
Please also check the full brochure of all programs here.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the DAAD Scholarship, the prospective candidate must:
- Come from a developing country. See the full list of developing countries for this scholarship.
- Fulfil the all-academic requirements and capable of completing a program of study in Germany successfully.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a related study area.
- Have at least 2 years of work experience.
- Be able to prove that their motivation is development-related and be expected to take social responsibility towards change in their personal and professional life after the successful completion of their study.
Note: the language of instruction for international students is English, hence, students are required to provide an English language certificate like TOEFL or IELTS.
Other Important Documentation and Requirements
Apart from the above eligibility and selection criteria, the prospective candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- A letter of motivation that includes important information about your academic background and skills. Also, endeavour to state the reason why you are choosing a particular program of study. It is also a good idea to include your personal interests.
- A detailed research grant proposal that should include the research area, research objectives and questions, and their academic relevance. Also include your intended academic literature, methods of data collection, and references.
- A reference letter from your previous university. This letter is usually written by a lecturer or professor from your previous university which usually includes; your academic achievements, your personal qualities, and the importance of the scholarship to your academic and professional life.
- A signed DAAD application form with current dates.
- A signed curriculum vitae (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
Proof of a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
The DAAD Scholarship has no stipulated deadline. The deadline depends upon the program of study. Please check the deadlines for the various programs here.
How to Apply
DAAD Scholarship is a very flexible scholarship program that allows you to apply for up to three (3) programs of study; and for more information on how to apply, please visit the official website of the DAAD Scholarship.