Are you a holder of a master’s degree and a native of a developing country? The fully funded scholarship to study in Belgium is now open to nationals of developing countries starting October 1, 2020. The Belgium Government glad invites from around the world students from developing countries to take advantage of the full-time Master’s Degree and Training Courses in Belgium. This scholarship is targeted to experienced professionals who seek to develop their skills further in a development-related field.
If the above is what you want, then the good news is that the opportunity has come for you to study in a higher institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Belgium.
This scholarship for Master’s Degree and Training Courses provides you the opportunity to undergo a four-to-six month advanced training course or a 1-year specialized master’s degree program.
The fully funded scholarship to study in Belgium is sponsored by the Academy of Research and Higher Education (ARES). It should be noted that there is no application fee to be paid; all you need to do is provide the required documents and ‘study in Belgium and help your country reap the benefits!’
Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in Belgium Scholarship Slots Available
ARES offers a total of 220 scholarships for the master’s program and the training courses. This offer comes every year for international students from developing countries.
Master’s and Training Programs Available
Find below the various specializations and training courses that come with the fully funded government scholarship. They are categorized into the master’s and training courses available.
You can also apply for: DAAD Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in Germany 2022 – 2023
- Master of Specialization in Development, Environment and Societies
- Master of Specialization in Human Rights
- Master of Specialization in Aquatic Resources Management and Aquaculture
- Master of Specialization in Risk and Disaster Management
- Master of Specialization in Integrated Management of Health Risks in Developing Countries (GIRISS)
- Specialized Master in International and Economic Development
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Master of Specialization in Integrated Production and Preservation of Natural Resources in Urban and Peri-Urban Areas
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Master of Specialization in Public Health Sciences – Research Methods Applied to Global Health
- Master of Specialization in Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Master of Specialization in Transport and Logistics
- Internship in control and quality assurance of drugs and health products
- Geographic information system internship
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming
- Introductory research course for strengthening health systems
The scholarship to study in Belgium is fully funded with the following in the package.
- International travel costs using economy-class travel on an IATA-approved airline, with a maximum of one round-trip ticket per academic year. Beneficiary must provide receipts.
- Living allowance of €1,150 per month flat rate for a duration of 12 months.
- Indirect mission fee of €150 flat rate to be given once per stay when grantee arrives.
- €700 flat rate of arrival allowance, tuition and return fees to be given once per stay when grantee arrives.
- Registration fees will be at the current rate for DGD grantees.
- Insurance fee is directly paid by ARES.
- Travel costs that are part inter-university training would be reimbursed based on real cost incurred. Receipts must be provided.
The above package varies for the training courses. Therefore, please check ARES scholarship details page for more information.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
A qualifying candidate for the fully funded scholarship to study in Belgium must:
- Be living and working in their country of origin and citizens of a developing country.
- Be under the ages of 40 and 45 for the masters and training courses respectively.
- Attain related academic diploma comparable to Belgian university studies.
- Obtain relevant professional experience in a developing country of at least 2 years after graduate studies.
- Be good at written and spoken French.
- Submit only one application.
The application deadline for the fully-funded scholarship to study in Belgium is January 15, 2021 and February 5, 2021.
How to Apply
It is completely free to apply for an ARES grant. Hence, ARES does not charge any fee in any form. Please go to the official scholarship page to apply.