Is IELTS required for DAAD scholarship is a question we receive almost every day when it comes to securing the DAAD scholarship opportunity. IELTS is a globally recognized exam that demonstrates your ability in the English language at the time of admission to an institution that offers English-language courses. Unfortunately, for most non-native English speakers, this assessment can be a hindrance, and as a result, they would be unable to accomplish their aspirations.
Many educational institutions in Germany admit students without requiring them to take the IELTS or any other language competence exam.
List of Universities that Offers Admission Without IELTS
- Braunschweig University of Technology
- Esslingen University of Applied Sciences
- Free University of Berlin
- University of Giessen
- University of Kaiserslautern
- University of Koblenz and Landau
- University of Siegen
IELTS Options for Studying in a German university
If you do not have an IELTS certification, we have listed some options that you can use to demonstrate your language skills below.
- Students can demonstrate their English language competency by obtaining a certification from their former institution stating that their previous degree was taught exclusively in English.
- If your first degree was exclusively taught in English, you are not obliged to provide IELTS test results.
- Some institutions carryout interviews with applicants to determine whether or not they are proficient in the English language.
Nonetheless, it is always a good idea to follow with the university to see what kind of English language competency credentials they recognize.